Archive for April, 2011
Preventing Prescription Forgery Starts with Selecting the Right Security Paper
Last Updated on Thursday, 28 April 2011 09:29 Written by firstname.lastname@example.org Thursday, 28 April 2011 09:29
An upcoming report that will air on a local news station here in New Hampshire about forging prescriptions (Is Forging Prescriptions Easier In NH), prompted us to inform you of security measures you can take when ordering prescription paper and pads.
There are very strict laws and safety guards in place to prevent forging prescriptions and only qualified physicians and nurses are legally allowed to write them. While forgeries still happen, government-regulated prescription pad changes made by Medicaid in 2007 have reduced forged prescriptions. Companies that sell prescription/Rx pads and printer paper require proof that a medical practitioner is ordering the product by law.
To be considered tamper-resistant by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), prescription pads and paper must have at least one security feature of each of these characteristics:
- One or more industry-recognized features designed to prevent unauthorized copying of a completed or blank prescription form
- One or more industry-recognized features designed to prevent the erasure or modification of information written on the prescription by the prescriber
- One or more industry-recognized features designed to prevent the use of counterfeit prescription forms
Relyco secure prescription/Rx paper exceeds these requirements with 10 standard security features. These include:
- Chemical Reactive Paper – Protects against alteration by changing color when exposed to agents such as bleaches, solvents, acids or bases. Provide easily recognizable signs of attempted alteration
- Toner Adhesion Coating – Protects documents that include toner-printing, these coatings bond the toner to the paper fibers
- Invisible Fluorescent Fibers – Visible only under UV light; help confirm a document’s authenticity because they can’t be photocopied or scanned
- Void Pantograph – When an attempt to photocopy or scan is made, the “VOID” will show up on the copied or scanned document. This process is effective against copying over a broad spectrum of black and white and color copiers. Reproduction and forged copies will lack the VOID feature
- Micro-Printing – Extremely small type (.010) is typically used in the signature line. It appears as a straight line to the naked eye but can be verified under magnification. When attempts are made to copy or scan, the type becomes a solid line
- Artificial Watermark – The image is revealed when the document is held at a 45 degree angle. The image can’t be scanned or copied, or reproduced with digital printers
- Heat Sensitive Rx Symbol – The Rx symbol changes color and shows the word “Safe” when rubbed or heated
- Erasable Ink – Provides a clear visual indication if someone attempts to alter. If an attempt is made to alter the information by erasing it, the colored background disappears
- Security Features Listing on Back – Advises the recipient of the security features on the document. Allows the recipient to verify and reject it if the features do not match the listing
- Reverse Rx Symbol – Rx Symbol drops out when photocopied to appear white
Even though preventing prescription forgeries must start with the right Rx paper/pads, prescribers and pharmacists must follow the required guidelines for writing and fulfilling the prescriptions. Here’s a great article to learn more: http://howtowriteanything.com/how-to-write-a-prescription.
Local Credit Union Turns to Relyco for Business Printing Needs
Last Updated on Tuesday, 26 April 2011 09:44 Written by email@example.com Tuesday, 26 April 2011 09:44
Service Credit Union was founded in 1957, and was originally chartered to serve the military and civilian employees at Pease Air Force Base in New Hampshire. Now, the credit union has expanded to serve more than 130,000 members across the country and around the world. Lisa Peterson, the manager of Administrative Services and Security says integral components of Service Credit Union’s mission are “exceeding our members’ service and convenience expectations.” Peterson has found a similar commitment to service and convenience from their partnership with Relyco.
“Relyco is unique among the vendors operating today. With Relyco, we have a single, responsive representative who understands our business and our needs,” stated Peterson. “They partner with us to find the most cost-effective, highest quality solution to meet any new or ongoing requirement. This level of service is very important to us and something you just can’t put a price on.”
Along with providing custom check stock and custom forms, Service Credit Union also turns to Relyco for commercial printing of credit union forms, marketing materials and warehousing services. This saves valuable space and time for the credit union and allows them to focus on their goal of exceeding customer expectations.
“This is tremendously helpful. We can realize the cost savings of buying larger quantities and then not have to worry about where we will store them. Relyco ships as needed to any credit union location whether in the United States or at one of our military base locations overseas, added Peterson.
Relyco Goes Social (Media)
Last Updated on Monday, 25 April 2011 11:40 Written by firstname.lastname@example.org Monday, 25 April 2011 11:40
Relyco’s business is built upon our premier customer service. We work very closely with our customers to understand their businesses, so that we deliver exactly what they need. In this market for business printing and payment solutions, this is not the norm. But, it is the reason why Relyco stands out from the rest and continues to be successful. To help extend our service offerings beyond picking up the phone or emailing us, we have created a social media channel for you to interact with us, learn new tips and tricks, and hear about exciting promos and deals.
Relyco’s blog, Rely on Relyco, is a great place to check out for information beyond what you will find on the Relyco website. Here, you can read about our opinions on industry topics and trends, tips about products and how to select what’s best for you, and much more. We keep our blog fresh with new content throughout the week, so make sure to visit often to learn more about how you can improve your business with Relyco.
Did you know Relyco has a facebook page? facebook is a great way for you to stay connected to Relyco. “Like” Relyco on facebook today to get alerted on new blog posts, see the personal side of Relyco, and correspond with us.
Follow Relyco on LinkedIn, another great social media tool to connect with Relyco. On our LinkedIn company page, you can find profiles for the Relyco employees you talk to on a regular basis. You can also stay up-to-date on Relyco news and see other information about the company.
Join Relyco on twitter. Relyco posts interesting comments and threads on twitter to keep you informed of news, new blog posts, and other exciting things happening in the company. You can also converse with us through twitter if you need help or assistance with something, or just have a question.
Relyco wants to be your accessible source for all your business printing and payment solutions. Our social media channels are just another way to reach Relyco and stay in touch with us. Visit the Rely on Relyco blog, “Like” Relyco on facebook, follow us on LinkedIn, and join us on twitter today.
Relyco REVLAR Waterproof Application of the Month
Last Updated on Thursday, 21 April 2011 09:38 Written by email@example.com Thursday, 21 April 2011 09:38
Relyco’s REVLAR waterproof paper is “virtually indestructible.” Each month, we’ll share a unique application that shows you how the paper can go right from your laser printer and into the harshest of environments.
Mountain Billboards, located in North Carolina, is using Relyco’s REVLAR in a very unique way. The company creates scale model billboards for model railroading enthusiasts. For G scale garden railroads, Mountain Billboard offers model railroaders a way to add a life-like billboard structure and create their own custom billboard messages using REVLAR from Relyco. Because REVLAR stands up to anything Mother Nature can throw its way, the “virtually indestructible” paper is ideal for this type of application and will look great for years in any garden railroad.
Here’s REVLAR in action…
Got a great use for REVLAR? Send us your story, photo or idea and we’ll post it here for all to see. Email me!
Want to purchase REVLAR today… You can now buy REVLAR online.