Archive for February, 2012
Relyco Announces Partnership with Ricoh Canada
Last Updated on Tuesday, 28 February 2012 08:08 Written by firstname.lastname@example.org Tuesday, 28 February 2012 10:07
Relyco today announced a reseller partnership agreement with Ricoh Canada Inc, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ricoh Americas Corporation, to provide leading substrate products to their production printing customers. Ricoh has approved both Relyco’s DigiPOP personalized digital packaging solutions and REVLAR waterproof paper for use on their production printers and will offer the product to its customers in Canada.
“This is an exciting partnership for Relyco as Ricoh Canada will help us extend the distribution of our products in Canada with their production printers,” said Keith Zub, director of business development for Relyco. “These Relyco substrate products will also enable Ricoh Canada to showcase the full capabilities of their printers and additional applications their customers can immediately begin printing.”
DigiPOP is an exciting and affordable new line of customizable digital packaging solutions for large format laser and digital printers. With over 120 pre-die cut product templates designed with distributors, wholesalers, commercial and in-plant printers, Fortune 1000 companies, small and mid-sized business, and retailers in mind, the DigiPOP “flat sheet” folding cartons and flexible packaging solutions meet the needs of marketers, event coordinators, promoters, and meeting and function planners to quickly deliver unique and affordable personalized presentation items.
Fully laser-compatible REVLAR combines the image quality and printability of standard paper with a durability and resilience unmatched by any other product. REVLAR synthetic laser paper is durable and weatherproof as well as impervious to grease and chemicals, and designed to withstand high and low temperature fluctuations. Unlike other papers, REVLAR is made of synthetic materials (polyester) that enable its extreme performance in adverse conditions.
“The Relyco products are a welcome addition to our product offerings as they will show our customers that our printers are capable of much more than traditional flat-sheet applications,” said Clive Buckley, solutions manager, production and graphics products for Ricoh Canada. “We want our customers to get the most out of their investments in our printers and these substrate solutions from Relyco will help them do so.”
Relyco February 2012 Newsletter and Trivia Contest
Last Updated on Friday, 24 February 2012 08:05 Written by email@example.com Friday, 24 February 2012 08:05
Relyco’s February 2012 newsletter, Printing and Payment Solutions Advisor, was just sent out and posted on our website. If you would like to subscribe to our newsletter, you can sign up on our Newsletter web page. Subscribers will receive the newsletter by email every month. To view the latest issue, click on our February 2012 Newsletter link.
Here are the stories that you will find in February 2012 issue:
- Relyco Newsletter Trivia Contest: Enter to Win a $25 Gift Card
- Getting to Know Michael Steinberg, President of Relyco
New monthly feature will introduce you to Relyco team members
- Relyco DigiPOP Video of the Week: DigiPOP Tent Cards
Custom tent cards are a great way to present information. Check out this great application and more on our DigiPOP of the Week video page
- Big Savings on ULTRASEAL Pressure Seal Forms and Formax Equipment
Get up to a $500 rebate and 15% off forms with purchase of new Formax machine
- Customer Success!
IHMA saves time and money and improves accuracy with REIMAGE carbonless laser paper and integrated labels
- Monthly Facebook Contest
Like Us on Facebook for a Chance to Save Big on Your Next Relyco Order
DigiPOP Video of the Week: Custom Table Tents
Last Updated on Wednesday, 15 February 2012 10:08 Written by firstname.lastname@example.org Wednesday, 15 February 2012 10:08
Tags: custom digital packaging, custom mailer, custom personalized invitation mailer, custom table tent, DigiPOP, DigiPOP of the Week Video, digital packaging solutions, personalized mailer, personalized packaging, personalized promotional items, personalized table tent, variable data packaging | Posted under Custom Digital Packaging, DigiPOP of the Week Video | No Comments
How to survive and thrive in a digital world
Last Updated on Friday, 10 February 2012 10:18 Written by email@example.com Friday, 10 February 2012 10:18
When we find articles of interest, we like to pass them on to you. This one “How to survive and thrive in a digital world” from ProPrint Magazine discusses the transition to digital print technologies and 10 business tips printers can use to
help increase their business. Relyco’s primary focus is delivering laser and digital substrate/consumable products that can save our customers time and money while enabling them to increase their business. With unique substrate solution like REVLAR waterproof paper and DigiPOP digital packaging solutions, printers can easily add new applications and revenue streams. And, traditional product applications can also be addressed with laser and digital compatible solutions such as REIMAGE carbonless laser paper and ULTRASEAL pressure seal form solutions.
Here’s the full article. We hope it gives you some ideas on how to grow your business. And, talk to us about exciting digital substrates that you can use today…1-800-777-7359 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The new online reality can seem scary, so take note of these 10 top tips for business decisions.
The Internet and online technology are influencing the way we receive, process, print, finish and deliver printed products. Let us briefly contrast what happens in the industry now to the challenges and opportunities ahead.
1. Printing technology has shifted from conventional offset printing to toner-based and inkjet digital printing.
2. With the advent of MIS, web-to-print, and cloud web-based software, the delivery of files has changed from the courier with a CD to online web-based shopfronts where clients can self-quote, upload their data and track delivery. The cloud is the next step to being a click away from your client.
3. The next big offensive of the digital revolution is in finishing, with smart QR tracking systems using automated registration sensors. More will be learned about this at Drupa 2012.
4. Are you aware that digital print technology’s speed, resolution and quality will continue to increase by 50% every 18 months because the technology is still in an evolutionary phase?
5. Consider that RIP technology as the brain and the printing equipment as the arms and legs of your production. Therefore, investing smart money on the brain (RIP) will get the best out of your equipment and maximize efficiency. Work smarter, not harder.
6. Use standards to improve your digital work by using ISOcoated-v2 as your exchange color space; get PDF compliance to PDF-X1a or PDF-X4, and implement quality control for predictable and reliable daily color reproduction. These three key points will give your business maximum efficiency.
7. Automation with tools such as SwitchBox will reduce repetitive tasks in pre-press by intelligent file management, normalizing PDF with specific workflow and distributing output to the right printing devices. Workflow automation can grow with your business by processing an unlimited number of files without increasing your staff overhead.
8. Web-to-print will create business opportunities that do not exist today. Choose wisely, do not limit yourself to what the technology can do today; rather build a vision of what it can do for you in the future. Do not get lured into doing an in-house development project at high cost when technology is available overseas for a fraction of the price.
9. Your clients belong to the Facebook and Twitter generation. They are a click away from print suppliers. They expect user-friendly technology that makes printing happen easily.
10. Because digital technology development is going so fast, finding skilled staff is becoming a problem for many printers. Your best business investment is to keep the knowledge and training of your staff up-to-date so you are prepared for the future.
Finally, consider how the industry will change after Drupa 2012. The main focus of this important show will be about software and automation driven by the need to bring about greater efficiency. The labor cost comparison between Asian and Western countries is now 1:6. The answer for our printing industry is to use automation to keep the work at home and still be able to compete. Efficiency is the new business model because it is much easier to save $100,000 cost than find additional work earning $100,000 of new profit.