Archive for the ‘Technology’ Category
Relyco Launches New rapid! PayCard Electronic Payroll Program
Last Updated on Tuesday, 26 June 2012 09:30 Written by firstname.lastname@example.org Tuesday, 26 June 2012 09:30
Companies improve efficiencies and reduce cost by eliminating checks with “accepted anywhere” debit PayCards
Relyco is today announcing the launch of its new rapid! PayCard payroll program, which enables companies to offer a completely paperless electronic payroll (ePayroll) solution. The Relyco rapid! PayCard program eliminates the need for paper-based checks by offering employees “accepted anywhere” prepaid debit PayCards – reducing costs and improving efficiencies.
Relyco rapid! PayCard is a comprehensive ePayroll program designed to convert an organization’s payroll to electronic delivery at zero cost. The rapid! PayCard technology platform provides each employee with their own branded PayCard (Visa® or MasterCard®) as well as online access to account balances, paystubs and W2 tax forms.
“On average, it costs almost two dollars to print and distribute a single paycheck. When you add that cost up for all your employees, you can see an instant opportunity to save your company time and money by converting to an ePayroll method,” said Mike Steinberg, president and CEO of Relyco. “What makes Relyco’s unique rapid! PayCards compelling is that it is the most secure and widely accepted program – allowing you to offer your employees a hassle-free way of distributing electronic payroll whether they are banked or unbanked.”
Employer Benefits of rapid! PayCards
- Reduce cost – Expanding direct deposit participation generates significant cost savings over current methods of printing and delivering payroll checks and wage statements
- Improve efficiencies – Gets more employees participating in direct deposit and eliminates the need to distribute regular payroll checks and wage statements to employees
- Eliminates paper checks minimizing exposure to check fraud
- Lost or stolen check problems will be reduced
- Business continuity improves and off-cycle payment problems are lessened
- Increase corporate environmental responsibility – Get “Green” by improving your direct deposit participation in a simple, safe and smart way that will have a positive impact on the environment
- A company of 300 employees paid biweekly will save an estimated 121 pounds of paper, 45 gallons of gasoline and avoid the release of 346 pounds of greenhouses gases per year
Employee Benefits of rapid! PayCards
- Provides instant Visa or MasterCard PayCards on date of hire or anytime during employment
- No need to cash checks or withdraw funds from an ATM
- Saves time and money by no longer having to pick up checks from work
- Make purchases immediately on payday – even over the Internet
- Receive instant Text notification when pay is available
- Offer family members PayCards with select transfer amounts that each employee can control
- Ability to request checks – write checks when needed
Availability and Pricing
For more than 23 years, Relyco has been a trusted resource for its customers making critical decisions on how they process and distribute payments and payroll. Relyco’s rapid! PayCard solution is available now. For pricing and additional information, including how to get started and scheduling a solution demo, contact Relyco today 1-800-777-7359 or email@example.com.
New Webinar: How to Offer Paystubs and W-2′s Online
Last Updated on Wednesday, 2 May 2012 08:12 Written by firstname.lastname@example.org Wednesday, 2 May 2012 08:12
Join Our Upcoming Live Webinar: Offering Paystubs and W-2′s Online: Reducing Cost with Employee Self Service
Thursday, May 17, 2012 1:00 – 2:00PM EDT
To attend, register today: https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/973636718
In this Webinar
In this webinar you will learn how Relyco’s DocAgent secure online paystub and W-2 solution can quickly offer your employees copies of their paystubs and W-2′s online while reducing your administration costs by 70% or more.
- Register and Learn How To:
- Save in payroll and W-2 processing and storage costs by reducing or eliminating paper payroll and tax documents
- Save by providing employee self-service to their pay-related documents – anywhere/anytime web-based access
- Reduce your vulnerability to fraud and identity theft by eliminating the manual handling of sensitive payroll documents
- Get Started Quickly, Cost-Effectively and Securely
What If You Could Unprint?
Last Updated on Friday, 16 March 2012 08:41 Written by email@example.com Friday, 16 March 2012 08:41
Here’s one of those industry-interesting stories that instantly caught my eye. This one was an article on CNET.com last night about a laser unprinter. What if you could ‘unprint’ the toner from your printed documents… Talk of the paperless office has been ongoing for many years now, but the market has proven that we still need to print. This ‘unprint’ technology could help us become greener without sacrificing what we print.
Here’s the article from CNET.com:
Cambridge researchers say they’ve successfully used lasers to remove toner from printed sheets without ruining the underlying paper.
What if instead of recycling old printouts, you could simply “unprint” them and re-use the paper?
Researchers at the University of Cambridge say it’s possible–and that ultimately, widespread adoption of the practice could not only save trees but significantly reduce climate-change emissions from paper manufacturing and recycling as well.
The university reported yesterday that Julian Allwood, leader of the Low Carbon Materials Processing Group at Cambridge, and doctoral student David Leal-Ayala had successfully used lasers to remove toner from paper without significantly damaging the paper.
With help from the Bavarian Laser Center, Allwood and Leal-Ayala tested 10 different laser setups–spanning the ultraviolet, visible, and infrared spectrum, and featuring different strengths and pulse durations–on standard Canon copy paper with HP Laserjet black toner.
The researchers then examined the test sheets using a scanning electron microscope and subjected them to color, mechanical, and chemical analyses.
The university speculates that advances in laser, copier, and printer technology could one day make toner-removing devices widespread in office settings. “What we need to do now is find someone to build a prototype,” the university quotes Allwood as saying.
And reusing paper in this way could at least halve emissions from the pulp and paper recycling industry, the university claims, with emissions from paper incineration and decomposition in landfill being affected as well.
A commenter on the Cambridge site also wonders if the process could replace shredding as a security measure.
For unique and environmentally friendly consumable products, such as waterproof, paper, carbonless laser paper, and more that you can use in your laser printer today, visit us at www.relyco.com, call us at 1-800-777-7359, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Next Generation of Printing: 3D
Last Updated on Tuesday, 31 January 2012 09:39 Written by email@example.com Tuesday, 31 January 2012 09:39
When we see something cool in the printing industry, we like to pass it along to you. 3D printing is cool and it got a lot of attention at the recent CES show. This technology may very well be the next generation of printing. Check out this article
from CNET that does a great job of describing the technology and uses for it: Who will get the biggest slice of 3D-printed pie?
While Relyco hasn’t jumped into the 3D printing market just yet, we do offer some pretty cool products that you can use in your laser printer or digital press today. Be sure to check out our DigiPOP personalized digital packaging solutions as well as our REVLAR ‘virtually indestructible’ waterproof paper.