ACA Tax Forms – Affordable Care Act Reporting
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) Employer Shared Responsibility Rule requires employers to file annual information returns with the IRS and deliver employee copies with health plan coverage information.
Don’t know if your company needs to comply with new reporting regulations? Click here to find out which forms you may need to file using IRS approved ACA tax forms and software solutions from Relyco.
ACA Tax Forms & Software Solutions Gallery
What is ACA Reporting?
Regulations under the Affordable Care Act (ACA) require employers with 50 or more employees to file annual information returns with the IRS and deliver employee statements with health plan coverage information. This is in addition to Form W-2 reporting requirements.
The purpose of the reporting is to communicate details of employees’ health insurance coverage, including verification that the minimal essential coverage requirement has been met.
Who Must Report and Send Copies to Employees?
- Health insurance companies
- Applicable Large Employers (ALEs) with 50 or more employees
- Self-insured employers regardless of size (very small number of businesses)
- A third party, like a payroll company, may complete reporting requirements but liability remains with the employer
- If an employer fails to file and issue, they may face penalties of $250 per filing up to $3 million
What Are the Forms?
- Used to report the months employees and family members were covered under the health plan
- Issued by the insurance carrier or by employer if self-insured
- Used to report whether or not the employer offered health coverage to employees
- Issued by employers with 50 or more full-time employees
- Summary transmittal record of 1095-B’s
- Accompanies 1095-B forms when mailed to the IRS
- Summary transmittal record of 1095-C’s
- Accompanies 1095-C forms when mailed to the IRS
Companies with 250 or more filings must file electronically
We knew Relyco would provide a high-quality product delivered at a competitive price and meet our tight timeline. We’ve never considered looking elsewhere, but I’m sure we would be hard pressed to find another vendor who could do the same.Read MoreAssistant to the President and Chief Financial Officer, Cook Illinois Corporation