When it comes to ID cards, appearance matters; they are a direct reflection of your brand. Your customers will (hopefully) carry around your card in their wallet. You want them to feel good about your business every time they see the card.
An effective ID card should:
- Serve its purpose
- Be attractive
- Hold up
It’s important that before you buy ID cards, you’ve considered all your options. But we know it’s easy to become overwhelmed when exploring your choices. There are so many types of ID cards out there! Fear not, we have some tips to help you.
When selecting an ID card, you should start at the beginning. It’s always important to consider your end goal before you begin any project. We recommend that you ask yourself these questions:
- How will the card be used?
- Will a paper card be satisfactory or will you need a more durable poly or plastic card?
- How long does it need to last?
- Is the card for one-time use or will it be re-used over and over again? Or will it need to be long lasting even if it isn’t used on a regular basis? Answering questions like this will help you determine whether a plain paper, laminated paper, poly or plastic card should be used.
- What type of printer is being used?
- Some cards are more compatible than others with certain types of equipment. No matter which card you think is best suited to your needs, it is always best that you test the card on the equipment that will be used to print it.
As you browse your choices, knowing the answers to these questions will help you decide on the right card for you. To dive deeper, check out these additional questions to have an even better understanding of your options.
Once you’re ready to test (or if you just want to see some ID card options in person), request free samples by clicking here or on the button below.